top of page

College Support

College Support

California College Pathways- Housing while at college
• Transitional Housing Placement for Non-Minor Dependents (THP-NMD)
• For those in extended foster care, housing and case management with an independent living or "host" family. Room and board are paid and sometimes stipends are given.
• Supervised Independent Living Placement (SILP)
For foster youth between ages 18-21 to live independently in their own apartment, shared housing or a college dorm while receiving monthly payments.
• Transitional Housing Placement Plus (THP-Plus)

For those who aged out of foster care after. This program provides up to 24 months of housing and support for former foster youth ages 18-24.
• Former Foster youth enrolled in college/university
How to Enroll?
• Go to

Echoes of Hope - Echoes of Hope supports current former foster students.| 310.414.1600
* Ages 0-30
* Former Foster Youth
* Currently Enrolled in School

Coalition for College
The Coalition for Access, Affordability, and Success is a group of more than 140 distinguished colleges and universities across the U.S. that joined together to increase students' access to higher education.
Their diverse member schools are unified in their mission to support lower-income, under-resourced, and/or first-generation students; to provide responsible financial aid; and then bolster students' success in college and beyond.

bottom of page